• Removing barriers to women's participation.
• Promoting science as a preferred career among young people.
• Identifying problems and removing obstacles.
• Identifying the next generation of leaders in the scholarly world.
• A Survey of Early Academic Career Scholars in Israel
- During the course of 2015, the Israel Young Academy conducted a survey among scholars in Israel in order to understand their main needs. The survey targeted academics who had begun their work on a tenure track during the preceding 10 years at one of the research universities in Israel and at the Weizmann Institute of Science (Click here for the full report
• Seminar on gender and academic career paths, dealing with the promotion, integration and empowerment of women and gender equality at universities and throughout the academic system. The conference’s steering committee included Israel Young Academy members Dr. Tamar Herzig, Prof. Talia Fisher, Prof. Michal Feldman and the late Dr. Sharon Zuckerman. (A video from the seminar may be viewed on the website of the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities.)